Why Vancouver College?
At Vancouver College, we educate young men guided by the Gospel values and in the tradition of our spiritual founder Blessed Edmund Rice. Our students are immersed in their spirituality, motivated and eager learners in and outside of the classrooms. The Essential Elements are always practiced in everything we do in our community to help foster each boy's mind, body and spirit.
Joining Vancouver College means your son will be part of our rich 100-year history and be part of a group of men who are recognized as inspiring leaders and change-makers. It also means he will be supported in developing moral character, confidence, faith-centred thinking and lifelong friendships. Our mission is to have each boy:
Leave here a better man: faith filled leaders living lives of love and service who pursue excellence of mind, body and spirit.
- We are a tight-knit community that builds strong personal relationships with students and their families.
- We focus on students' individual needs and talents, helping them achieve their personal best.
- Through a strong support system of parents and alumni, students thrive in our community based on faith, family, and tradition.
- Students benefit from the range of opportunities available to them in an all-boys environment and the emphasis on teaching practices that best serve the education of young men.
- Students are held to a clear code of conduct grounded in fair and restorative discipline.
- Students are encouraged to reach their full potential through guidance from our Advisory Program, The Learning Centre, The Wellness Centre, and The Campus Ministry Team.
Both Jason (VC’19) and his younger brother, Josh (VC'20), have flourished in VC’s environment of excellence, where Christian values are not just talked about but modelled by students, parents, faculty and staff. VC’s values-based education resonates with the values we hope our sons will embrace for life, values which are universal and eternal.
- Ian Macdonald and Wendy MacLeod
It is bittersweet for me to bid farewell to our Centenary class, the Grads of 2023. We have come through a great deal together, from the lows of the pandemic to the heights of our VC100 fireworks at homecoming this year, with many adventures in between. For me, every graduating class is unique and takes on a personality of its own, and the Class of 2023 has lived up to the expectations of being special as the graduating class in our 100th year.
During Spring Break, twenty-three young men and three staff members travelled to South Bronx, New York, to immerse themselves in the culture, faith, and people. The team had the opportunity to engage with students and learn about the challenges they face in an economically disadvantaged neighbourhood. Returning to Vancouver, the team is eager to advocate for the people they met by sharing their stories and experiences.