Celebrating 50 years of Irish Miles
VC’s Walkathon was first held in the spring of 1973 as a student-led, school-wide fundraiser. Students approached family, neighbours, and friends to pledge an amount per mile walked, and collectively students raised funds to help with the construction of projects such as new tennis courts, installation of park benches and bleachers, as well as with purchasing needs that would enhance the boys’ experience, such as a new public announcement system for the gym, computers, lockers, and other needs. Br. Basil was the first teacher moderator for Walkathon, a role he held for 13 years until 1986. Learn more about Walkathon and its long-standing history by reading this story.
- When is Walkathon 2022?
- What is our goal and how are funds raised from Walkathon used?
- Who should students approach for donations?
- How to invite friends and family to support?
- How is Walkathon different from other fundraising initiatives at the school?
- How do I thank people for sponsoring me?
- Do donors receive tax receipt for supporting Walkathon?
- Where do we walk?
- When does my son need to arrive to school?